Airport Rail Link
The BKK airport rail link is a service providing passenger rail transport from Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Bangkok City; by mainline and commuter trains. Direct links operate straight to the airport terminal.
Advantages for passengers include faster travel time and easier interconnection with other public transport, while authorities have benefited from less highway and parking congestion, less pollution, and additional business opportunities. Additionally, the links benefits Suvarnabhumi Airport by drawing in more passengers via easy access.
- The Suvarnabhumi Airport Rail Link is an express and commuter rail in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The line provides an airport rail link from Suvarnabhumi Airport, via Makkasan, to Phaya Thai station in central Bangkok.
- It is owned by SRT and operated by SRT subsidiary SRT Electrified Train (SRTET).
- The Airport Rail Link operates daily from 06:00 to 24:00, with commuter City Line trains departing every 10 minutes during peak hours (06:00-09:00 and 16:00-20:00) and 15 minutes off peak and weekends.
- The commuter/suburban City Line stops at all eight stations. It is used by many residents and students in the eastern suburbs as well as airport staff.
- The Express Line services is available between Phaya Thai Station and the airport with a total journey time of 18 minutes